Skip to main content

Featured Posts

Monday Morning Photo - Wisteria Time in Andalucia

How quickly spring comes around after the short winter here in the Sierra Sur de Jaén. After lots of very much needed rain we´re back to the normal cloudless blue.  My garden is shooting incredbily with the moisture and now sunshine. And my beautiful wisteria flowers grandly albeit it short-lived. The big black carpenter bees love it. Each flowering season reminds me of the Botanical Gardens in Malaga and the ´tunnel´ of wisteria that I haven´t yet caught in bloom. April is a good time to plan to go if it´s on your list.  Here´s the botanical garden link La Concepción Botanical Gardens. And a sneaky peak at the wisteria. See the Monday Morning Photos list.

Where to Stay in La Alpujarra? - Los Piedaos

La Alpujarra seems to be the official name on maps and street signs but everyone seems to say Las Alpujarras, just in case you were thinking I´d got it wrong.


If you´re looking for a holiday rental or two in La Alpujarra the four rustic retreats at Los Piedaos could be just the spot. Just off the Lanjarón to Orgiva road lie these delightful in the olive grove casitas.


I was invited to lunch and showed around the delightful and quirky bit of paradise in Las Alpus (pronounced Alpoos as my friend and ex-Alpu dweller likes to call them).




Their four dwellings La Casa de la Concha,El Azahar,Las Palomas and La Rama sleep 2, 4, 4 and 4 respectively making an ideal location for couples, families and groups.

There are some lovely grounds to wander in, quaint corners to escape and an enclosed pool for a get together. When I visited at the end of June it was blisteringly hot yet the garden whispered a breeze through the trees and some shady nooks to retire to.


Each casita, meaning little house, is unique with old-style furnishings, reclaimed features and its own private patio area or roof terrace and all are as welcoming and homely as each other.




I´d have happily stayed in any or all of them, maybe next time when I´m on holiday in Las Alpus and not dashing through having to work!

Update - I removed the link as they don't seem to be open, but I heard it is changing hands so may be worth searching for, it's a lovely spot.





Popular Posts