Skip to main content

Featured Posts

Monday Morning Photo - Wisteria Time in Andalucia

How quickly spring comes around after the short winter here in the Sierra Sur de Jaén. After lots of very much needed rain we´re back to the normal cloudless blue.  My garden is shooting incredbily with the moisture and now sunshine. And my beautiful wisteria flowers grandly albeit it short-lived. The big black carpenter bees love it. Each flowering season reminds me of the Botanical Gardens in Malaga and the ´tunnel´ of wisteria that I haven´t yet caught in bloom. April is a good time to plan to go if it´s on your list.  Here´s the botanical garden link La Concepción Botanical Gardens. And a sneaky peak at the wisteria. See the Monday Morning Photos list.

February in Inland Andalucia

An absolutely glorious day, again finds me in the sunshine on the patio with dog at feet, chickens clucking and a distant knocking and whirring as olives are being harvested.

I´m working too, in pyjamas, breakfast al fresco over there´s finger tapping to be done. It´s hard to work when holiday mode takes over. But there´s my Casa Rural El Reguelo website to finish, my PR coaching course work to do and the regular writing commitments to complete.

Patio Views



Patio views with my mosaic "workshop" included




Both hubby and I are hoarders, collecters and recyclers of all things. We´ve many bike bits, go-cart parts, solar panel making items, converted wheelchairs and more, he fixes anything and everything, a qualified Spanish plumber and solar panel installer and inventer, I try to look into the distance above the clutter.

Have a look at some of our mosaics, hubby does the metal frames, I make the mosaic work and the two are fixed together with wire and tile cement to create a solid unmoveable top.

Our patio table has been in temperatures of over 40C and -3C and apart from the odd bleach and metal repainting is as good as new. Finally a table that can live permanently outdoors.

Popular Posts