Three of the twenty Osborne bulls in Andalucia have been added to the
Catálogo General del Patrimonio Histórico as monuments along with some land around them. They are in Benahadux in Almería, Córdoba and Santa Elena in Jaén.
The black bulls were installed by Osborne between 1958 and the late 1970s throughout Spain and they have now been recognised as a symbol of Andalusian culture.
The bulls were part of a series of publicity designs by Manuel Prieto Benítez and adapted by José y Félix Tejada Prieto from El Puerto de Santa María in Cádiz. Locations with especially good visibility from the countryside and roads were chosen for their locations.
The other seventeen bulls, most of which stand 13,13 metres tall, are in the process of being registered.
Want to see an Osborne Bull?
Here they are.
El Puerto de Santa María - Sierra San Cristóbal & Buenavista
Jerez de la Frontera
Vejer de la Frontera
Las Cabezas de San Juan
Lora de Estepa
El Castillo de las Guardas
Castilleja del Campo