Where to Spend Christmas?

It´s that Across the Cafe Table time again from The Travel Belles and the question this month ( is it really a month?) is...

Where would you choose to travel for Christmas?

Well I´m late writing this post (again) but wanted to both say where I´m going and why and where I´ve love to spend Christmas.

I am spending this Christmas with my 80 year-old mum and step-dad, my three sons, 21, 18 and 12 and long-suffering (blog-neglected) hubby down on the Spanish Mediterranean coast.

80 year-old Mum on last holiday together


Winter in my part of Andalucia can get very cold and my ancient house is not suitable for my mother in wintertime. It´s getting difficult anytime as her ability to walk and climb our steep stairs is waning.

So fresh fish restaurants, breezy beach walks and plenty of mum and daughter, grandmum and grandson time on the (hopefully) Costa del Sol.

Where I´d love to spend a Christmas is in Venice. Just with hubby pootling along the canals with Christmas lights reflecting in the water is a Christmas dream.

But saying that I´d love to visit every European capital and Christmas seems a great time to do so. I can dream and wait for the moments to come.

Read where The Travel Belles want to spend Christmas.

Popular Posts