Skip to main content

Featured Posts

Monday Morning Photo - Wisteria Time in Andalucia

How quickly spring comes around after the short winter here in the Sierra Sur de Jaén. After lots of very much needed rain we´re back to the normal cloudless blue.  My garden is shooting incredbily with the moisture and now sunshine. And my beautiful wisteria flowers grandly albeit it short-lived. The big black carpenter bees love it. Each flowering season reminds me of the Botanical Gardens in Malaga and the ´tunnel´ of wisteria that I haven´t yet caught in bloom. April is a good time to plan to go if it´s on your list.  Here´s the botanical garden link La Concepción Botanical Gardens. And a sneaky peak at the wisteria. See the Monday Morning Photos list.

Duncan Peterson's Charming Small Hotels Guides - Spain and the Islands

The full title of this guide is - Charming Small Hotel Guide for Spain and the Islands stylish city hotels, captivating country hotels, and other places to stay. It sells itself well. The guide, now in its 11th edition, differs from others in more ways than one. I like the fact that it's an independently-inspected guide and no hotel pays to be in it.

Charming Hotels is what caught my attention, that means (to me) that they have a cosy feel, are small and probably owner run. As the book description on Amazon says

....Every entry is more than just a bed for the night: it's an experience, worth planning a holiday around, or going out of your way for.

That's the sort of hotel I look for when planning an escape and here within the guides 302 pages there's a fair few to begin to plan a route around. Mmmm where to first? Posada de Palacio in Sanlucar de Barrameda looks very nice as do ... well all of them.

It's available to purchase (as I did) via Amazon.co.uk but I couldn't find it on Amazon.com.

Popular Posts